Visa Partners with First Boulevard to Enable Institutions & Banks to Trade Crypto
Visa has collaborated with a digital neobank First Boulevard to pilot a crypto API. This collaboration will allow institutional clients and partners to buy, custody, and trade Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. The digital neobank is focused on building generational wealth for the Black Community.
- This partnership will help the company’s customers to purchase, custody, and trade digital assets held by Anchorage.
- Anchorage is a federally chartered digital asset bank.
- As per the reports from CryptoPotato, the company is expected to add cryptocurrencies to its payment network of 70 million merchants.
- The report depicts that the API pilot program is expected to launch later this year.
- The Chief Product Officer at Visa, Jack Forestell, said:
“We set out to make Visa the bridge between digital currencies and our global network of 70 million merchants and today we are the leading network for crypto wallets with 35 crypto platforms choosing to issue with Visa. […] With this pilot program, we want to extend the value of Visa to our neobank and financial institution clients by providing an easy bridge to crypto assets and blockchain networks.”
- Along with prioritizing partners like First Boulevard, the firm aims to level up the playing field when it comes to access to new and emerging technologies.
- The co-founder and president of Anchorage, Diogo Monica also spoke on the matter saying,
“Visa’s crypto APIs pilot program is a significant step forward both for the proliferation of crypto as an asset class and for accessibility and inclusion in payments financial services. We are thrilled to be working alongside Visa and First Boulevard to build the infrastructure for a more secure and equitable financial future.”